terms AND CONDITIONS
BOOKING Terms and conditions
Please read all these terms and conditions.
As we can accept your booking and make a legally enforceable agreement, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, just phone us on +44 7710 291518
- These booking terms and conditions will apply to the purchase of the Holiday Services by you (the Customer or you).
- We are Walk With Williams Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under number 12000315 whose registered office is at 38 Main Road, Drayton Parslow, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, MK17 0JS, with email address firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone number: +44 7710 291518; (the Supplier or us or we). Our VAT registration number is 450 5093 14.
- These are the terms on which we sell our Holiday Services to you. By booking our Holiday Services, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. You can only purchase the Holiday Services if you are at least 18 years old.
- Booking means your booking of the Holiday Services from us submitted in accordance with the booking process set out on the Website.
- Customer means an individual making the booking either personally or acting as lead traveler on behalf of all individuals covered by a Booking.
- Contract means the legally binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Holiday Services.
- Holiday Services means the services advertised on the Website.
- Website means our website: https://www.walkwithwilliams.com upon which the Holiday Services are advertised.
- The description of our Holiday Services is set out on the Website. Any description is for illustrative purposes only.
- We will supply the Holiday Services with the reasonable skill and care expected of a competent tour operator. We will provide helpline support should you require any assistance in relation to the Holiday Services.
- In the case of Holiday Services designed to meet your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information you provide to us is accurate.
- All Holiday Services which appear on the Website are subject to availability.
- We reserve the right to make changes to the Holiday Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable laws or safety requirements. Itineraries may need to be changed as a result of government advice, or other reasons beyond our control. We will notify you of any such changes as soon as possible.
- If travelling from outside the United Kingdom, you must ensure that you have a valid passport and any necessary entry visa.
- You must take out travel insurance that covers the duration of your holiday. It is your responsibility to ensure that the travel insurance covers cancellation or curtailment of your holiday, any medical expenses, and all activities that you intend to undertake.
- Accommodation booked on your behalf may only be used by those individuals specified in the Booking Confirmation. You are required to adhere to the rules of all accommodation providers. It is your responsibility to arrive at all accommodation at the appropriate date and time to take up your accommodation. No refund or credit will be given for a failure to do so.
- You must behave responsibly during your holiday. You must not do anything that causes damage to property or injury to any person. If you breach this provision, you agree to indemnify us for any liability, cost, expense, loss, or damage incurred by us because of your acts or omissions.
- You will be responsible for any costs incurred that do not form part of this Contract. This includes any costs such as for food and drink (other than breakfast).
Basis of sale
- The description of the Holiday Services on the Website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Holiday Services.
- Any quotation or estimate of Fees (as defined below) is valid for a maximum period of 7 days from its date of issue unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
- The Booking process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Booking. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the Booking process correctly.
- Where a Customer acts as lead traveler on behalf of other individuals, he/she confirms that all individuals covered by the Booking are bound by these terms and conditions.
- When a Booking has been submitted, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
- A Contract will be formed for the Holiday Services only when you receive an email from us confirming the Booking (Booking Confirmation). You must ensure that the Booking Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Booking placed by you.
- No variation of the Contract, whether regarding the description of the Holiday Services, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by you and us in writing. Should you wish to change or amend any part of the Holiday Services after receipt of the Booking Confirmation, we will do our best to accommodate you. However, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so.
Fees and payment
- The fees (Fees) for the Holiday Services are those set out on the Website at the date we accept the Booking or such other price as we may agree with you in writing. All our Fees are quoted in pounds sterling (GBP), unless we specify an alternative currency.
- Upon receipt of your Booking Confirmation, you will also receive by email an invoice for the Fees for the Holiday Services and a link to our payment facility with Worldpay. You must pay a minimum of 25% of the Fees as a deposit (unless the start date of your holiday is less than six weeks away, in which case you must pay the full amount). The balance of the Fees is due not more than six weeks before the start date of your holiday. We will notify you when the balance is due. If the balance of the Fees is not paid on time, then we may cancel the Holiday Services, retain the deposit and request payment of the balance since by this point we will have incurred most if not all of the costs relating to your holiday.
- You must pay the Fees either by bank transfer or via the online card payment facility that we have in place from time to time.
- Where a Customer acts as lead traveler on behalf of other individuals, he/she agrees to accept financial responsibility for payment of the Fees on behalf of all individuals covered by the Booking.
- Your right to cancel under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 shall not apply once we have begun to provide the Holiday Service to you which shall be when we first book accommodation or services on your behalf.
- Should you cancel your trip after receipt of the Booking Confirmation, the following charges will apply:
- More than 42 days 75% of Fees payable
- Less than 42 days 100% of Fees payable
- All cancellations must be made to us in writing. Should you have to cancel, we advise that you contact your insurers to determine whether you can claim under your travel insurance.
- If we cancel your holiday after receipt of your Booking Confirmation, you will receive a full refund of all monies paid to us.
- The Contract continues in force until completion of our performance of the Holiday Services.
- Upon completion, cancellation, or termination of the Contract for any reason, any of our respective remaining rights and liabilities will not be affected.
Successors and sub-contractors
- Neither party may transfer the benefit of this Contract to someone else. We will be liable for the acts of any sub-contractors whom we choose to help perform our duties.
Circumstances beyond our control
- We shall not be liable for any failure or delay in the performance of the Holiday Services if that failure or delay is owing to causes beyond our control, including, but not limited to, war, civil unrest, riot, strikes or labour disputes, epidemics and pandemics, terrorist activities, natural or nuclear disasters or adverse weather conditions. We reserve the right to change itineraries because of adverse weather conditions, road closures or other reasons beyond our control.
- Where we are unable to comply with any of our obligations, we will advise you of this as soon as possible and use all reasonable endeavours to provide you with an alternative.
- You will need to be physically fit, adequately experienced, and suitably equipped to complete the holiday. Your booking is accepted on the basis that you understand and accept the inherent risks involved in a walking holiday. You must accept that the sole responsibility for your personal safety remains with you. If you decide that you are unable to continue the holiday, you will be responsible for making your own alternative arrangements at your own expense.
- We do not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of our legal obligations. Subject to this, we are not liable for loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made.
- We are not liable for any losses suffered by you or any member of your party because of a failure to take out adequate insurance cover.
- You are responsible for your personal property at all times. We do not accept any responsibility for the theft of or damage to your personal property, including any liability for damage or loss to any item of luggage or its contents during transportation. You should ensure that your luggage is protected by a suitable travel insurance policy.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
- If a dispute occurs, you should contact us in the first instance to try to find a solution. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within a reasonable timeframe.
- The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
- Disputes are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales, to which both parties submit.